Press release from Aus Film 7 August 2018
We are pleased to advise that the Australian Government’s Location Incentive is open for applications.
The Location Incentive will provide funding of $140 million over four years from 2019-20. Grants will be provided to large budget international screen productions undertaking filming in Australia that perform strongly against the assessment criteria.
Guidelines, including eligibility criteria, can be found on the GrantConnect website, while applications can be made through the online application form
To be eligible for funding:
· Productions must meet the eligibility criteria for the Location Offset
· Utilise the services of one or more Australian post digital or visual effects providers
· Secure support from relevant state or territory governments
· Meet or exceed the expenditure threshold:
– $15 million AUD of qualifying Australian production expenditure (QAPE)
– for a television series, $1 million AUD per hour of that QAPE.
More detail is provided in the Grant opportunity guidelines: click here.
Grant Activity Timeframe:
Assessment of applications – 6-8 weeks
Negotiations and award of grant agreement – 1-3 weeks
Notification to unsuccessful applicants – 2 weeks
Total Amount Available (AUD): $140,000,000.00
Instructions for Lodgement:
To apply for funding, applicants must submit an online application. If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Screen Industry Section on (02) 6271 1543 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Make an online application here.
* To access a full list of available incentives click here.